Dog friendly holidays in Pembrokeshire
There’s no better place to holiday with your pets than the self catering cottages at Fron Fawr. As dog owners ourselves, we totally understand that your pet is part of the family and so of course they should come with you on your family holiday. Why would you leave them at home?
We offer everything that will not only make your family holiday unforgettable, but will also remind you why you love your dog. With pet friendly cottages like Fron Fawr, you’ll never have a better reason to bring them along!
There are 32 acres of fields and woodlands providing daily dog walks straight from your door and only 5 miles away from the beautiful Pembrokeshire Coast and Cardigan Bay with its stunning range of dog friendly beaches. Your four legged friend will just love running on the wide sandy beaches, chasing sticks and balls and playing in the sand dunes.
After playing in the surf chasing waves or fishing about in rock pools, it’s back to the cottages for a well earned rest or a tranquil wander through the woods.
All of the cottages at Fron Fawr have enclosed gardens to allow a little freedom for both owners and pets. All of our cottages are deep cleaned before you arrive for your stay, to ensure that they’re fresh and welcoming for our guests.
There’s a small charge of £25 per pet per stay, to cover additional cleaning costs etc. with a limit of 2 pets per cottage, however, should you wish to bring more please email us.
Dog friendly holidays FAQs
· Can dogs be left alone in the properties? – Yes, provided you can trust them! If you would normally leave your dog at home alone and they aren’t likely to eat the furniture, then ‘yes’ they can be left alone. We would ask that you make sure they can’t get upstairs or into the bedrooms, ensure they have water available and use a crate/cage if you would normally.
· Are beds and bedding provided for dogs? – Yes, we provide one bed per dog. These are standard size open/flat beds so if you have a particularly large dog or they have their own bed, it’s always nicer to make them feel at home and we would encourage to bring theirs on holiday with you.
· What do I need to bring for my dog? – Their favourite toys/balls; their lead; a crate/cage if you use one; their bed and towel for wiping muddy/wet paws; their daily food. We provide a bowl a treats, poop bags, a food bowl and a water bowl.
· Which rooms can dogs go in? – The main living room areas. We respectfully request that dogs are kept downstairs and not allowed upstairs, and if your dog is used to joining you on the sofa, please bring a throw/blanket with you to protect the furniture.
· Where can I walk my dog? – We have 32 acres at Fron Fawr for you to explore. Around the cottage grounds themselves, we do ask that your dog is kept on a lead to ensure they don’t disturb other guests and that you know where they have pooped(!). Once in our surrounding fields and woodland, you may let your dog roam freely, unless there is livestock in the fields. We do rent the fields out to the local farmer so there could be cows or sheep in the fields. If this is the case, please wait until you reach the woodland before letting your dog off the lead. There are two routes to our woodland so you should be able to get to the woods without encountering any live stock. As long as you trust your dog to return to you, you can let your dog roam freely in any fields which do not have livestock and in the woods.
· Is there a dog waste bin area? – Simply put your poop bags in the ‘general household waste’ bin please, which is in the bin area along with the recycling bins.
· Do you provide any other doggy extras for my dog? – Just as you have a Welcome Tray upon arrival, so does your pooch! You will find a food and a water bowl, a feeding mat, a bed, doggy treats and some poop bags.